- Posted on
We are hiring: Gardener/Handyman
JET Education Services seeks to appoint a gardener/ handyman
The incumbent will performs a range of general cleaning, repairs, maintenance, gardening, menial handyman
and driver services. This position reports to the Office Manager
• Minimum grade 12 or higher certificate
• Minimum 3 years gardening experience
• Minimum 3 years general handyman and maintenance experience
• Valid driver’s license
• Knowledge and experience in gardening chemicals
• Knowledge of irrigation systems
• Self-Starter and disciplined
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
i) Gardening and maintenance tasks – External area and all internal gardening requirements. Cleaning of paved areas, patios, including parking bays. Maintaining grass, taking care of seasonal plants and replacements thereof, and watering of garden as required. Clean gutters from leaves and debris on a regular basis. Inside and outside of premises must be kept clean and optimally maintained such as, replace faulty lights/globes as and when required, including ordering stock for maintenance needs. Garbage bins must be taken out weekly for pick-up and then hosed and kept clean.
ii) Guard House
• Guard house must be kept clean and presentable at all times including cleaning the floor tiles, ensuring appropriate storage of items as required.
• Toilet must be kept clean
• Ensure that pool car is serviced annually
• Clean all external air conditioner units (basement area)
• Take water and electricity meter readings every Wednesday and submit to Office Manager
• Assist staff and tenants with deliveries, moving of heavy objects/furniture, etc.
• Provide delivery and driver services where required e.g. Board packs, tender documents, banking, post, air port, etc.
• Check fuel, oil, and radiator levels weekly; be responsible for overall maintenance of the generator.
Please submit your application online via this form: https://forms.gle/iZHAKcchgYirnCvJA no later than 26th July 2021, 23h00. Late applications will not be considered. The applicant must provide at least two references (previous employees) to be contacted.
If you’re unable to apply online, you can submit a written application with the following documents (ID, drivers license and Matric certificate, references). These can be dropped of at the security. Address is: The Education Hub, 6 Blackwood Avenue, Parktown, Johannesburg.