Store Receiving Clerk (CR479)
- Posted on
Store Receiving Clerk (CR479)
Store Receiving Clerk (CR479) Our client, a successful national retail chain based in Cape Town is looking for a Receiving Clerk to join their team in the Southern Suburbs (Plumstead). The object of this role will be to ensure that control procedures and paper work are adhered to and are up to date.
Receiving / IBT procedure
• Receive as per the receiving procedure, Bulk receiving, checking of stock, stamping of invoice and all related documentation to be completed
• Ibt in and out as per the IBT procedure.
• Receiving test to be completed Security
• Assists in protection of stores assets by correctly carrying out procedures for prevention of theft and reporting any staff / customer dishonesty or irregularity.
• Cares for and maintains Company assets and reports any damage of stock and equipment to Management.
• Minimizes stock losses by serving customers (when on the floor) promptly, and maintaining a degree of vigilance over stock and stock movement.
• Always be vigilant when a supplier delivers stock by ensuring the driver/delivery person is attended to ASAP Housekeeping
• Ensures correct application of company stock room standards.
• Maintains high standard of cleanliness in the stockroom.
• Ensures that stock is signed out within the 24hr period Customer Care (store customers and delivery staff)
• Greets customers promptly in a friendly and courteous manner.
• Hands out baskets and trolleys. • Keeps up to date on all product knowledge and product ranges.
• Supports all promotions by being aware of all advertised lines.
• Creates awareness with all customers on promoted items.
• Advise customers accurately and honestly about products.
• Keeps promises made to customers.
• Maintains acceptable level of personal grooming and wears staff uniform at all times in-store.
• Offers to assist customers in taking their purchase to their vehicle when applicable
• If unable to help a customer then assist by getting the correct general assistant to further assist
• Previous retail experience in a similar position and with similar duties.
• Operate accurately and efficiently.
• A strong attendance, reliability and punctuality record.
• Strong customer service principles.
• Be computer literate with regards to emails and basic Excel. Previous IQ Retail experience would be advantageous.
• Be able to work as part of a team.
Please use the following reference number in the subject line of your email: CR479 when applying for this position.
Please submit your CV in Word Format, your salary expectation and notice period to [email protected]
Kindly consider your application unsuccessful should you not receive feedback within 1 week.
Salary: R7000 – R8000 Job Reference #: CR479
Consultant Name: Mari Cardoso
Job reference: Store Receiving Clerk (CR479)
Location: Cape Town, South Africa
Working term: Permanent
Salary: R7000 – R8000pm
Application deadline: 31/07/2021
How to apply for this job [email protected]