Assistant Environmental Compliance
- Posted on
Vacancy : Assistant Environmental Compliance Consultant : South AfricaJuly 20, 2021
Position: Assistant Environmental Compliance Consultant
Company: Digby Wells Environmental
Job Type: Permanent
Location: South Africa
Closing Date: 31 August 2021
At Digby Wells Environmental, we are passionate about what we do and are extremely fortunate to be able to Make A Difference in the lives of our colleagues, our clients, the communities we work in and the environment.
We are looking for someone who is organised and is detailed orientated, who is able to manage and carry out administration on small to medium sized environmental projects in accordance with budget, time and quality standards.
They must want to learn and be part of a great team of scientists. The candidate will be joining the environmental compliance division and should have a passion for environmental and legal compliance audits. They must want to learn and be part of a great team of scientists.
- Effectively project manage and administrate the environmental legislative processes applicable to the country for clients and maintaining an awareness of how legislation impacts projects. (For E.g. Minerals and Petroleum Resources Development Act, No 28 of 2002);
- Effectively undertake the following types of Projects:
- Environmental Audits;
- Water Use Licence Audits;
- Legal Compliance Audits;
- ISO14001 Audits;and
- Waste Management Licence Audits.
- Additional responsibilities will include the participation in the following types of Projects:
- Environmental Authorisation processes including Basic Assessments and Environmental Impact Assessments (EIAs) Processes according to the EIA legislation;
- Water and Waste Permitting; and
- Mining Applications
- Working in close collaboration with specialists from other disciplines;
- Liaising with clients and authorities;
- Compile and write reports for submission to the client and necessary authorities; and
- Assist with the administration in terms of public participation meetings, consultations and stakeholder engagement projects.
- Actively participating in business development and marketing activities.
Qualifications, Experience, Other requirements:
- Knowledge of Applicable Environmental and Mining legislation;
- Knowledge of IFC and World bank principles would be preferable;
- Excellent organisation skills;
- Must have excellent report writing skills;
- Attention to detail;
- Communication skills (verbal and written);
- Strong ability to network with clients;
- Able to work in a team and independently;
- Strong administration skills;
- Project Management skills;
- Must be in possession of a valid passport and drivers’ licence or be prepared to get one within the first six months;
- Willing to travel throughout South Africa, Africa and elsewhere, as the need arises;
- Ability to build and maintain a strong network of relationships; and
- Must align to the Company’s values.
- 1 – 2 or more years’ experience in a similar role;
- Preferably experience within a consultancy environment; and
- Experience conducting impact assessments and audits specifically within the mining industry.
- A degree in Environmental Science/ Management; and
- A Project Management certification would be advantageous.
Salary Range: Market Related based on experience
Contact person: Sophy Kabini
Contact phone: +27 11 789 9495
Contact email: [email protected]
Company website: www.digbywells.com