- Posted on
Location: Bellville, Western Cape, South Africa
Company: Sanlam Group
Who are we?
Sanlam Corporate Cluster comprises of the two existing businesses – Sanlam Employee Benefits (SEB) and Sanlam Health Management (SHM) and the soon to be established Sanlam Corporate Solutions. These businesses enhance our corporate business offering through providing integrated solutions for corporate clients both in South Africa and across the African continent by providing tailored solutions to targeted corporates. SEB CORE specializes in retirement fund administration to institutional retirement funds spread over a number of industries and services from large single employer run stand-alone funds to multi-employer umbrella funds. This business unit is also responsible for ongoing client servicing ranging from board of Trustees, Employers, Intermediaries and Employees. It is also responsible for the IT deliverables and digital strategy for Sanlam Employee Benefits.
Build a successful career with us
We’re all about building strong, lasting relationships with our employees. We know that you have hopes for your future – your career, your personal development and of achieving great things. We pride ourselves in helping our employees to realise their worth. Through its four business clusters – Sanlam Life and Savings, Sanlam Investment Group, Sanlam Emerging Markets, Santam, as well as MiWay and the Group Office – the group provides many opportunities for growth and development.
About the Learnership
Sanlam Corporate offers a unique opportunity for young, enthusiastic and energetic persons from the designated groups to gain practical working experience in a corporate environment and obtain a national qualification.
The learnership offers:
• A 12-month contract
• A monthly allowance
• Financial assistance for study purposes
• A national qualification (Certificate in Wealth Management, NQF level 4)
• On the job training and assessment
• Continuous coaching and mentoring
• A portfolio of working and learning evidence
What will you do?
• Acquire knowledge of company products, services and operational processes and systems
• Attend classroom-based lessons
• Complete practical onsite training
• Assemble a Portfolio of Evidence to submit to InSeta
• Fill out logbooks for workplace-based learning
• Pass and complete the required level in formative and summative assessments
• Carry out tasks and duties as contracted with your manager
What will make you successful in this role?
How do I qualify?
• Must be a South African citizen
• Not be currently employed
• Be aged between 18 and 30 years
• Must have passed Grade 12 Maths / Maths Literacy / Accounting and English with 50%
• Must have a good command of English (read, write and speak fluently)
• Must not have studied after Matric, and not currently be enrolled in any formal studies
• Not have completed a previous learnership
• Be willing to commit to complete the 12-month programme, which includes a full qualification
• Have a clear criminal and credit record
• Have reliable transport
• Be motivated to be educated and developed
• Show initiative and work independently
• Be a team player
• Have the ability to manage self-study and assignments
• Have excellent time-management
• Have a go-get attitude
• Cultivates Innovation by creating new and better ways for the organisation to be successful.
• Client Focus – Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
• Drives Results – Consistently achieving results and meets deadlines, even under tough circumstances.
• Collaborates – Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
• Resilience – Rebounding from setbacks and adversity when facing difficult situations.
How do I apply?
Please apply online on the Sanlam Careers site.
Attach the following compulsory documents:
- Comprehensive CV that is updated
- South African ID
- Matric certificate and statement of results – NB (if already acquired)
NB: Your application will be automatically disqualified if any of the above documents are not attached
Turnaround times and process
• End of August – Conduct shortlist
• September – If shortlisted, you will be invited for an online screening and/or online assessment
• October – If shortlisted from online screening, face to face interviews will be conducted with Line Managers in the Province you selected
• November – If selected, you will be presented with a Learnership contract
• December – Selected applicants will be onboarded
• 01 February 2021 – Learnership commences for all successful applicants
Our commitment to transformation
The Sanlam Group is committed to achieving transformation and embraces diversity. This commitment is what drives us to achieve a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace as we believe that these are key components to ensuring a thriving and sustainable business in South Africa. The Group’s Employment Equity plan and targets will be considered as part of the selection process.