Team Leader (Production)
- Posted on
Babelegi, North West
Location: Babelegi Factory, 60km North of Pretoria
Company: NestléFull time employment
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering/Operations Management
Minimum three years engineering/production experience in a food manufacturing environment
People, Passion, Perfection. At the core of what we do at Nestlé we’re led by a commitment to the health and wellness of our customers, a passion for quality and perfecting our promise to deliver good food and a good life. With over 308000 employees worldwide and a history that spans over 150 years, we’re known as “best place to work” and “the world’s biggest food and beverages company”.
We’re looking for a Production Team Leader. The main purpose of the role is to manage a designated team, plant and materials in a culture of performance monitoring, review and action, open communication, employee involvement and employee relations, continuous improvement in support of achieving organization mission and objectives.
A day in the life of a Team Leader (Production)
Plant Performance/Efficiency Management
- Analyze output/efficiency on a shift basis and take the appropriate action
- Apply all the elements of GIN 23.010
- Ensure compliance with all output recording procedures
- Make recommendations for continuous improvement of the plan and assist or make corrective action where possible.
- Assist in plant trials for new products/operation.
- Recommend improvements to existing products or operation, raw materials and packaging used, and assist or make corrective action where possible
- Ensure plant start up and shut down procedures are followed
- Repair and organize repairs to machines in the case of breakdowns.
- Plan maintenance outages and ensure that equipment remains in excellent condition
- Approve all changeovers/setups before production commences
- Assist and agree with Industrial Engineer on plant line and labour standards
Innovative and Improvement
- Promote Continuous Improvement and seek new and improved methods of working in order to increase efficiency in the overall production process
- Manage Teamwork to ensure continuous improvement of all activities and resources within the organization.
What will make you successful
- Degree/ ND in Eng, Manufacturing or Food Tech. with English and Maths in Matric
- Min. 3 years experience in food manufacturing environment
- Computer Literate
- Experiance working in Noodles Plant will be an added advantage
- Exposure to world class manufacturing systems