Code 10 Driver – VKB Flour Mills, Ga-Rankuwa
- Posted on
Job Type: Permanent
Full Job Description
VKB Flour Mills (Pty) Ltd, a subsidiary of VKB Agri-Processors (Pty) Ltd and part of the VKB Group is a wheat mill and bakery situated in Frankfort in the Free State province. The organization, which strive towards healthy and modern business practices, offers employees the opportunity to utilize and develop their knowledge and skills in a competitive work environment. We offer you the opportunity to establish yourself within environment with resources inherent to the countryside.
To drive a medium motor vehicle (rigid) of which the gross combination mass exceeds 3 500 kg but not 16 000 kg in alignment with predefined work objectives/ standard operating procedures and in accordance with applicable laws of the road.
- Grade 12 or NQF Level 4 equivalent.
- Code 10 licence with PDP.
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
- A clear criminal record.
- Experience in the agriculture industry will be advantageous.
- Proven ability to manoeuvre, reverse and pack vehicle into confined spaces.
- Good client interaction skills with both internal/ external customers.
- A willingness to work overtime, incl. Saturdays, when required.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform scheduled and unscheduled deliveries and collections to and from designated locations as instructed by management.
- Strict adherence to commercial driving regulations while driving on public roads.
- Perform pre- and post-trip inspections on vehicle according to company policy.
- Ensure goods are secured correctly before departure and vehicle seals/ locks are not tampered with upon arrival at destination.
- Ensure that all deliveries have been signed and delivered to the correct recipient.
- Ensure accurate and detailed completion of logbooks and other delivery documents.
- Adherence to loading and offloading procedures at company and client premises.
- Ensure that vehicle is kept clean and maintained as per schedule at all times.
- Understanding and compliance with relevant Occupational Safety, Health, Environment and Quality requirements within the work environment.
- Any other duties as may be required by management.
- Ability to interact with clients in a respectful, helpful and responsive manner.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- Effective communication skills.
- Ability to record, analyse and report information (verbal and written).
- Ability to work independently when the role requires.
- The company can expire jobs at any time at their own discretion.
- VKB Group and/or its subsidiary companies will use any personal data collected through the job opportunities section of this website for recruitment purposes only and, should your application be successful, for purposes connected with your employment.
- VKB Group is an equal opportunity employer. VKB Group’s approved Employment Equity Plan and Targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process aligned to VKB Group’s Employment Equity & Transformation Strategy. VKB Group actively supports the recruitment of People with Disabilities
- Things to take note of when applying through our Career Portal.
- Use Google Chrome when accessing the portal
- Clear copy of your CV in either PDF or Word
- The CV should not have handwriting on the document
- NB! Only Submit your CV on the Upload CV section of the application form and not a PDF that includes other documents such as ID, Driver’s License and other documents. The application form will make provision for the candidate to upload supporting documents.
- When uploading profile picture, make sure the minimum size uploaded is 300 x 300px