- Posted on
Cleaner (2 posts)
Cape Town, Western Cape
R102 534 a year
Full Job Description
Institution: Post A: Hanover Park Community Health Centre(1post)
Post B: Nyanga Community Day Centre (1 post)
(Chief Directorate: Metro Health Services)
- 13th cheque, employer’s contribution to the pension fund, housing and medical aid allowance.
- Basic literacy and numeracy.
Inherent requirements of the job:
- Must be physically fit to lift heavy objects.
- Must be willing to render a shift service on weekends, public holidays, day and night and duties and rotate in different departments according to operational needs and requirements (24-hour facility/s only).
- Good communication skills (read, speak and write) in at least two of the three official languages of the Western Cape.
- Ability to operate machinery and equipment.
Duties (key result areas/outputs):
- Maintain a high standard of neatness and hygiene in the facility.
- Implement infection control policy standards.
- Effective cleaning and maintenance of equipment.
- Cost effective use of cleaning consumables.
- Provision of cleaning support services to nursing management.
- Effective Waste Management.
- Render support services to Household supervisor.
- Adhere to loyal service ethics.
Note: No payment of any kind is required when applying for this post.
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS: Z83 forms (obtainable from any Government department or www.westerncape.gov.za) must: Be completed in full, clearly reflect the name of the position, name and date of the publication (candidates may use this as reference), be signed, accompanied by a comprehensive CV, the names of 3 referees and certified copies of ID, driver’s licence and qualification/s. A separate application form must be completed for each post. Applications without the afore-mentioned will not be considered. Applications must be forwarded to the address as indicated on the advertisement. No late, faxed or e-mailed applications will be accepted. CV’s will not be returned. Excess personnel will receive preference. Applications, which are received after the closing date, will not be considered. Further communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates. If you have not received a response from the Department within 3 months of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful. It will be expected of candidates to be available for selection interviews on a date, time and place as determined by the Department.
As directed by the Department of Public Service & Administration, applicants must note that further checks will be conducted once they are shortlisted and that their appointment is subject to positive outcomes on these checks, which include security clearance, qualification verification, criminal records, credit records and previous employment.
The Department of Health is guided by the principles of Employment Equity. Candidates with a disability are encouraged to apply and an indication in this regard will be appreciated.(Athlone News 11/8/2021, City Vision/ Vukani 12/8/2021, PSVC 28/2021)
Western Cape Department of Health