Stores Assistant (Raw Materials)
- Posted on
Epping, Western Cape
Fine Chemicals requires the service of a highly competent Stores Assistant for the Supply Chain Department. To qualify for this position the candidate must fulfil the following requirements.
- Minimum Education Qualification – Matric/Grade 12.
- Minimum of 1-year experience within shipping, receiving or general warehousing.
- Valid forklift driver’s licence is preferred.
- Ability to plan and work in an orderly, logical and systematic manner.
BASIC JOB FUNCTIONS (Brief Summary)
- Safely offload all raw materials and solvents received from suppliers.
- Accurately and timeously selecting of all raw materials/solvents required by production, to eliminate loss time in production.
- Ensuring that all quality controlled released raw materials and solvents are stored and stacked in the designated areas.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the raw materials store, flammable store, and surrounding areas.
- Actively participate in stock counts and assist with investigating variances.
- Other ad hoc duties as required.
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES (Brief Summary)
- Must be honest and reliable.
- Able to work in a team as well as independently when required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Good communication (written and verbal) as good data capturing skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Good interpersonal skills and able to maintain good internal customer / supplier relations.
- Able to work extended hours at short notice if required.
- Physically capable of repeatedly lifting and carrying 20 to 25kg containers.
Suitably qualified applicants are invited to submit their CV’s online on or before the specified date. Preference will be given to applicants from designated groups in accordance with laws governing employment equity, where such laws are applicable to the Aspen entity that will employ the successful candidate. If you have not heard from the HR department within 30 days of this advert closing, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Aspen Pharma Group