General Assistant (Moorreesburg)
- Posted on
2021-08-17 – 2021-08-31
PERMANENT 674000048 PRODUCTION
Western Cape, Cape Town-Southern Oil Pty Ltd, an established company and market leader in the manufacturing of Canola oil and related products in the retail, food services, and bulk sectors, has the following exciting career opportunity in Moorreesburg.
The General Assistant will report to the Shift Operator and be responsible to execute the work instructions of the Shift Operator diligently and correctly.
- Assist in the production of Extrublend.
- Assist in cleaning the extruders, expellers, filter, cooler, and augers.
- Rework the sludge and oil cake at the return point.
- Assist in emptying the extruders and cooler during production.
- Assist in attaching batch labels to all bags for traceability.
- General householding and cleaning of production area during the shift.
- Assist the Shift Operator with taking hourly samples.
- Bagging and storing 50kg and 500kg bags for the Exstrublend and oil cake.
- Assist with loading and offloading the trucks and oil tankers during the shifts.
- Assist with weekly and monthly stock counts.
- Assist the Shift operator with any tasks given during the production process.
- Handling of the product flow during the production process.
- Immediately reporting any breakdowns of equipment to the Shift Operator.
- Assist with general maintenance of machinery and equipment in the plant.
Education and Experience
- Minimum of a Grade 12
- Previous experience in edible oils is an advantage
- Ability to work under pressure
- Disciplined and reliable
- Procedural driven
- Output/ Results driven