- Posted on
Bloemfontein, Free State
R187 424 – R314 229 a year
Full Job Description
Department Protection Services
Assistant Officer (post level 13) (9 Positions)
Job ID: 3987
KINDLY TAKE NOTE: Applications may only be submitted online through the official UFS vacancy website: http://www.ufs.ac.za/templates/vacancies. Applications submitted through any other platform will not be considered.
Please ensure that all relevant documentation is attached to your application. INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
- a detailed curriculum vitae and cover letter;
- certified copies (not older than 6 months) of qualifications (please provide the SAQA accreditation in the case of foreign qualifications);
- a certified copy (not older than 6 months) of your identity document (ID);
- proof of registration with a Professional Body (if applicable);
- a copy of your driver’s license (if applicable);
- a service record of your current employer / last employer.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Respond to reported incidents during a shift.
- Conduct preliminary investigations in respect of reported incidents and cases.
- Cordon off the incident scene and take pictures.
- Liaise with the Shift Leader regarding the management of crime and or incident scenes.
- Conduct visible patrols.
- Conduct building inspections.
- Identify safety and security risks during patrols and compile a report for the Shift Leader.
- Participate during emergency evacuation exercises.
- Assist the Shift Leader with the management of incidents on shifts including off campus reported incidents.
- Stand in as a Shift Leader when required to so.
- Grade 12 or National Vocational Certificate on NQF level 4.
- A minimum of two (2) years’ relevant working experience related to the duties and responsibilities.
- A valid PSIRA Grade B certificate.
- Security response training (attach copy of training certificate).
- A Valid code 8 driver’s license.
- Results Orientated:
- The ability to cope with a frequently changing environment and to adapt to evolving situations.
- The ability to be reliable, responsible, dependable and to fulfil obligations.
• Strategic Thinking:
- The ability to focus on details, work towards perfection, and approach work in a neat and organised manner.
- The ability to deal with several activities at a time.
• Business Acumen:
– The ability to adhere to rules and strictly follow work regulations.
- Proficient in using MS Office.
– The ability to be cooperative with others, display a good-natured attitude, and encourage people to work together.
• Building Coalitions:
– The ability to negotiate, sell, influence and to persuade others.
- The ability to interact with others and establish personal connections with people.
- Fire Fighting experience.
- Crime Investigation experience.
- SAPS or Military experience.
Assumption of duties:
01 November 2022 or as soon as possible thereafter.
03 September 2021.
The annual remuneration package, including benefits is R 187 424.42 – R 314 228.57 per annum, depending on the budget available for the position, relevant work experience and qualifications.
For enquiries, please feel free to contact 051 401 7705 /7267 /9848 /9003 or email [email protected]
(Subject to specific conditions): pension scheme, medical aid scheme, group life insurance, housing allowance, leave and sick leave, service bonus and study benefits.
The University reserves the right not to fill the post. The University subscribes to and applies the principles prescribed by the Employment Equity Act. Preference will be given to candidates from the designated groups, in accordance with the principles of the aforementioned act and the employee profile of the specific department/division.
The UFS is committed to the pursuit of excellence, diversity and redress in achieving its equity targets. Our Employment Equity Plan is available at https://ufsacza.sharepoint.com/sites/supportservices/hr/Resources/Employment%20Equity%20Plan_July2017.pdf. For this post, we seek particularly to attract black (i.e. African, Coloured and Indian) and disabled South African candidates.
The UFS will only consider applications of candidates who meet all the inherent requirements of the position. Applications that are incomplete or sent by fax or e-mail, will not be considered. Communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates only. Should you not be contacted within six weeks of the closing date for applications, you may assume that your application was unsuccessful.
External candidates can click HERE to apply online.
UFS staff members can log onto PeopleSoft, click Self-Service, Recruiting and Careers toUniversity of the Free State