- Posted on
Centurion, South Africa
Would you like to take this opportunity to influence the industry towards a more responsible use of the world’s natural resources?
As a newly combined company Metso Outotec creates a unique workplace. Combining the strengths of two companies we offer stronger platform for growth and innovation.
This is your opportunity to join the positive change.
Job posting end date: 09/22/2021
A position has become available for a QEHS Advisor to be based in Centurion or Vereeniging, Gauteng
The successful Candidate will be responsible for protecting and improving business profitability by managing, developing and coordinating related Quality, Environment, Health and Safety (QEHS) processes and functions.
The position will be servicing MA Africa Internal and External Customer bases. It is critical in sustaining and improving the QEHS relationship between Metso Outotec and its Clients in Africa. The ideal candidate will be able to display a high level of competence in Quality Systems development, Sustainabilility, Continuous Improvement, Enviromental Impact reduction and Health and Safety management.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support and ensure MO teams are ‘Ready to Operate’
- Identify System and Process gaps and areas for improvement
- Participate in Regional and lead local audits
- Participate in or coordinate environmental assessments
- H&S Inspections and feedback
- Site appointments where necessary
- Analysis and reporting on key metrics on relevant Group Reporting Tool (HSE leading and lagging indicators, Quality system performance)
- Lead QEHS improvement in Local Operation (RCA, Performance Tracking)
- Support Site/Local management in execution of HSE
- Roll out Metso Outotec initiatives and training
- Support risk HIRA process
- Manage Local/site legal framework
- Control HSE data communication and liaison with authorities
- Implement all aspects of Group Management System
- Liaise with customer sites on HSE requirements and initiatives
- Support and oversee investigation process
- Support Quality initiatives in Region
- Reports directly to the Director QEHS
INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL INTERFACES
- MO Sales Teams
- MO Service Teams
- MO Support Function Teams
- MO Customer Logistics
- MO Group Functions (QEHS and Business Areas)
- Customer HSE
- Regulatory bodies
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Matric (Grade 12)
- Relevant Quality or Health and Safety Management Qualification from a recognised institute
- Experience in developing and sustaining business systems
- Engineering qualification is an advantage
- Minimum 5 – 10 years experience in Mining or Heavy Industry in a similar role
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Team player and enjoy being part of a dynamic working environment
- High level of Competence in MS Office (specifically Excel and PowerPoint)
- Prpcess Flow mapping in Visio an advantage
- Enjoys working in a cross-functional and multi-cultural environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to interact / influence multiple functions globally, ability to work in a team atmosphere and in a multi-cultural / multi-language atmosphere
- Global mindset – must be able to work across poles to deliver end result
- Strong sense of urgency, personal ownership of position and willing to go beyond job boundaries
- Embraces change with a strong desire to continuously improve the business process
- Highly motivated individual with the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
Please note that, should you not receive any response from us within 14 days, please regard your application as unsuccessful; we however thank you for your interest in our company. In Line with our EE Plan, previously disadvantaged candidates will be preferred.
Metso Outotec is a frontrunner in sustainable technologies, end-to-end solutions and services for the aggregates, minerals processing, metals refining and recycling industries globally. By improving our customers’ energy and water efficiency, increasing their productivity, and reducing environmental risks with our product and process expertise, we are the partner for positive change.
Metso Outotec is committed to limiting global warming to 1.5°C with Science Based Targets. We ranked 8th on the 2021 Global 100 list of the world’s most sustainable companies.
Headquartered in Helsinki, Finland, Metso Outotec employs over 15,000 people in more than 50 countries and its sales for 2020 were about EUR 3.9 billion. The company is listed on the Nasdaq Helsinki. mogroup.com,twitter.com/metsooutotec