Debtors Clerk (Fixed Term)
- Posted on
Posted 20 September 2021 – Closing Date 25 September 2021
On the Dot
Company primary industry
Logistics and Supply Chain
Job functional area
On the Dot, a subsidiary of Media24, currently requires the services of 2 Debtors Clerks.
We seek to appoint a dynamic and energetic individual to assume responsibility as Debtors Clerk on a fixed term contract, reporting to the Debtors Team Leader, working 5 days in a week. The position will be based in Johannesburg.
Main purpose of the role:
To provide a clerical and administrative service in respect of customers’ accounts to ensure
sound and accurate financial procedures.
(The primary tasks, functions and deliverables of the role)
- Create new accounts and capture data on the debtors’ system;
- Verify and control credit applications for new clients as outlined in the credit rules and policies;
- Prepare credit applications for approval by the Supervisor or Credit Control Manager;
- Conduct Credit Bureau inquiries;
- Follow up and report daily on outstanding documentation required from relevant departments (eg sales) to meet deadlines;
- Maintain daily registers and controls;
- Prepare and capture journals and transactions;
- May capture invoices and pass respective credit notes;
- Reconcile payments and deposits with bank statements daily, capture bank deposits and receipts and keep record of cheque payments;
- Handle queries with the various banking institutions; Notify superior of any suspicious or potentially fraudulent payments;
- Prepare reconciliations of customer accounts;
- Verify and follow up on invoices, statements and payments and ensure the timeous collection of outstanding and arrear accounts in accordance with collection procedures;
- Report on bad debt and the recovery thereof and escalate when required;
- Maintain an efficient filing system in respect of accounting data, records, contracts and invoices;
- Prepare files for handover to external debt collectors; and
- Administer debit orders.
- Grade 12
- Relevant certificate or diploma in credit management, business administration, finance, accounting or a closely related field.
- At least 2 − 3 years’ experience in debtors’ administration
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Proficiency in relevant software packages and applications; General knowledge of accounting.
Given the employment equity policy of Media24, preference will be given to suitable candidates from the designated groups.
On the Dot