- Posted on
The South African National Council for the Blind invites applications from qualified individuals for the above post which is based at its Head Office and which reports to the NED.
This structure ensures effective administrative and personal support to the NED.
• Diploma/Degree in secretarial/office administration
• 5 years’ work experience as an Executive Assistant, Personal Assistant or similar role
• Excellent MS Office knowledge
• Outstanding organizational and time management skills
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
• Discretion and confidentiality
• A valid driver’s licence and driving experience.
• Act as the point of contact among executives, employees, clients and other external
• Provide a full administrative support and a secretarial service to the NED.
• Oversee, coordinate and follow up all logistical arrangements for delegates and
visitors to the Directorate.
• Coordinates the SANCB Boardroom bookings and keep the Directorate regularly
informed of such.
• Providing support to the NED as tasked by him including but not limited to diary
management, answering and screening of calls, taking messages and making
relevant referrals, drafting of correspondence and reports on behalf of the NED
• Managing information flow in a timely and accurate manner
• Provide the refreshment requirement at the National Executive Director one to one meetings
• Make, follow up and conclude, cost effective travel bookings; comfortable and
accessible accommodation for NED
• Ordering and procurement of stationery for the NED on a monthly basis
• Provide minute taking service for all other meetings as required by the NED.
• Drive the NED and support the overnight stays
Core Competencies required:
The successful applicant must demonstrate the following:
• Strong understanding of the sector and the ability to provide support.
• Exceptional computer literacy
• Excellent PA skills
• Exceptional record management
• Meetings coordination and minutes taking
• Very good communication skills: written and verbal
The SANCB Offers the following Benefits:
• Provident fund; and
• Group life insurance.
Closing Date: 03 October 2021
Should you meet these requirements, please email your CV to [email protected]